Last Updated: October 15, 2021
- Information We Collect and How We Collect Information
- Third-Party Information Collection
- How We Use Your Information
- Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Social Networking Services
- Links to Third-Party Sites and Services
- Do Not Track Signals
- Data Retention
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Children Under the Age of 13
- International Users
- Contact Information
- Information You Provide.
We may collect information you provide directly via the Services. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with or use our Services, submit comments and other content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Your name
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your third-party payment provider preference and credentials
The information you provide may include Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination).
In connection with certain uses of our Services, you may be required to provide financial information, such as your credit card or bank account number, to a third-party vendor or payment processor that is not affiliated with us. We do not collect or store such financial information and we are not responsible for the collection or storage of such information by third parties. We will, however, have access to certain information associated with your account in connection with certain uses of the Services, including the amount and date of the purchase.
- Information We Automatically Collect
We may (either directly or via a third party provider) also collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area
- Geolocation information
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded
- Standard Server Log Information
We collect the above information in a variety of ways, including by using temporary localStorage data, "pixel tags" and "web beacons".
Third-Party Information Collection
- Pixel tags are very small images or small pieces of data embedded in images, also known as "web beacons" or "clear GIFs," that can recognize cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and similar information from your computer or device.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information (i) that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics, and (ii) that is used to serve advertisements across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
The information collected and stored by third parties remains subject to their policies and practices. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used.
We currently use the services of the following third-party vendors, who may collect your information. You can click on the hyperlinks below to view their privacy policies. Amazon Google (Firebase) Segment Twilio Twitter Facebook (Instagram) Medium LinkedIn How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information, to measure usage of the Services, to analyze the effectiveness of our Services, to conduct research, to improve and enhance the functionality of the Services, to provide support for the Services and respond to requests and inquiries, to provide you with notices, such as updates or changes that we may make to the Services, and to market and advertise the Services, including through promotional e-mail messages, directly or in partnership with other parties.
We may from time to time aggregate information in certain data analysis, reports, or other interpretations of trends for both internal and external purposes. Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of the information you provide to us. The mechanisms listed below aim to provide you with control over such collection, use and disclosure:
Disclosure of Your Information
- Marketing Communications. If you do not want us to send you marketing or promotional communications, you can opt-out by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any such promotional emails, checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies. You have the option to accept or disable cookies at any time through your browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. If you choose to disable your cookies, your user experience may be limited.
- Google Analytics. You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by using Google's Ads Settings or going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. You may also opt out of Google marketing products, but please note that this does not opt you out of being served generic ads.
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We may disclose information that we collect through the Services with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents and service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, perform analyses, or conduct surveys.
- Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the Services. We may disclose your information to third parties in order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of the Company and the users of our Services; enforce our Terms of Service; prevent fraud; and comply with or respond to law enforcement or a legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with other third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information. Social Networking Services
The Services may allow you to post information to various third-party services or platforms, such as social networking services like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on these third-party services or platforms will be able to view such activity. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services. The use of the information by such social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data. Links to Third-Party Sites and Services
Third parties may keep track of your browsing activities across third party websites. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know we respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals. Certain web browsers enable users to activate a "Do Not Track" signal but we do not currently respond to the "Do Not Track" signal or other similar mechanisms. Data Retention
You acknowledge that the Company may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on the Company's servers on your behalf. You further acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion. We will endeavor to give you notice of any such change where required by applicable law. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services, you may log into your account and make updates. If you wish to make changes not available through your account settings, please contact us at email@example.com. Security
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information provided to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us via the Internet. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, the Company will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. International Users
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. Some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own. Contact Information